Get Rid Of Bacne
So I’ve had my facial acne under control for a long while now and I feel like I’ve sussed that one out. However, every now and again I’ll get a breakout on my back and shoulders. Using products like body lotion, massage oil or sunscreen that clog the pores may also lead to acne and skin breakouts. Other risk factors include friction from tight-fitting clothes, an unhealthy diet, stress, hormonal changes in the body and improper skin care, to name a few. Here are the ways I tackle this issue and I’ve even started using my brother as my guinea pig to further prove these remedies work!
- Wear cotton vests/t-shirts. Cotton is a breathable and gentle material that doesn’t suffocate your pores and helps prevent back acne. Avoid regularly wearing tight fitting clothing too.
- Exfoliate regularly. This prevents sebum and dead skin build up and keeps pores clean. I usually use my Clarisonic with the body brush however an exfoliating glove or mitt would do just fine.
- Use Salicylic Acid products. If your bacne is severe, it’s worth looking into using a salicylic acid based body wash to fight breakouts. A good one is this Revitale Soap Bar or this OxeDerm Body Wash. Salicylic Acid is amazing in fighting blemishes and cleansing pores.
- Lemon and sugar scrub. Slice a lemon in half and dip it into sugar. Use this to scrub your problem areas. Leave this on for around 10-15 minutes and then wash off. I usually do this before I shower and it works very well.
- Leave it. DO NOT POP THE SPOTS. I know the urge is real, but just like facial acne, bacne scars and can become worse when you touch it. resist the tempation to pop or pick at your spots and let them heal properly.
Those are my top 5 tips that have personally worked for me. There are however 1001 home remedies and other treatments you can give a go to fight bacne!